Monday, October 15, 2018

Learning Piano (8 Hours)


            For part of my Collo project this semester, I had decided to take on the task of learning to play the piano. I have never played a musical instrument before except for my feet (I was a tap dancer for 16 years) and I knew it would be a large undertaking. My cousin took piano lessons when we were younger and I was always fascinated with how quickly her fingers moved over the keys and the beautiful music that she created. Though I do not have access to a grand piano, I do have a keyboard with a setting of “Piano” that matches the sounds and the keys available on a regular piano. Over the last few weeks, I have been practicing several chords and easy songs over and over and over again until I can get my fingers used to making the motions. The 2 chords I have been practicing are G chord and C chord. Those have not been too terribly difficult because they are played by pressing three keys down simultaneously that are one key apart. G chord is played by G + B + D and C chord is C + E + G.
            I also learned how to play the following songs: “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”, “You are my Sunshine”, and “In the Jungle”. The keys for each are listed below. Overall, learning how to play has been very fun and challenging at the same time. I love doing things that make me think and pull me out of my comfort zone. I cannot wait to see how much I learn by the end of this semester.
“Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star”
CC GG AA G
FF EE DD C
GG FF EE D
GG FF EE D
CC GG AA G
FF EE DD C

“You are my Sunshine”
GCDEE   EEbECC
CDEFA   AGFE
CDEFA   AGFEC
CDEFDDEC

“In the Jungle”
CDEDEFEDC
DEDCED

No comments:

Post a Comment