Sunday, April 14, 2019

Collo Update on Hours

Hey everyone! I just wanted to give an update for my Collo project this semester. So as a reminder, my project was to work on preparing for medical school. I was working on studying for the MCAT, filling out the application for the MPA Committee Evaluation, writing my personal statement, and gathering recommendation letters.

As of last week, I have completed my MPA evaluation, except for my recommendation letters. I have found all of my recommenders, but only one has submitted their letter for evaluation. I have also completed both my resume and my personal statement. Writing my personal statement was far more difficult than I thought it would be. Everyone always talks about their one defining moment where they knew they wanted to be a physician. That did not necessarily happen for me. My journey to medicine was a collection of experiences that continually ingrained in me the reasons I wanted to be a physician. Putting those out on paper is a lot harder than having your own understanding of their occurrence. Even so, I think I am finally happy with the end product. I have had several friends, family, and mentors read over it and give me their critiques. It is still up for alterations if need be, but overall I feel it is a good representation of me! Depending on the number application o have, my interviews will be somewhere between May 10-14. 

I have also been studying diligently for the MCAT! I try to fit in studying whenever I can. The plan right now is the take the MCAT the last week in May so that I will have my scores back by the end of June. I will then submit my application through AMCAS as soon as my scores come back. My plan is to study for the entirety of May after my semester ends. My goal is to achieve over a 500. I will also be taking a summer class after the MCAT ends and I will be working as a PCT at my local hospital. This should be an eventful summer.

Overall, I have far exceeded my allotted Collo hours this semester by working on this endeavor. But it will all be so worth it when I start receiving those acceptances.

No comments:

Post a Comment