Thursday, March 28, 2019

Spring 2019 Update

     Hello everyone! I just wanted to drop in and give a quick update as to how my Collo project for

this semester is going. As stated earlier in the blog, this semester, I chose to spend my Collo hours

preparing for the MCAT, MPA Evaluations, and Applying for Medical School. Therefore, I will just

 give a quick run through of how things are going.

     To begin, I have been studying as much as I can for the MCAT. It can be difficult while also

juggling other classes (especially O Chem and Virology); however, I have tried to devote at least 5

hours per week towards material review and test-taking strategies. This can vary week to week with

some having more and some having less, but I have tried to stay rather consistent. Also, the second

round of MPA evaluations opened this week and I have been gathering everything that I need for that.

 I am trying to get all of my recommendations together and am talking with several professors right

now to get that all taken care of. Also, I completed my resume and the second draft of my Personal

Statement. I have several people who are looking over those for me right now to critique my work

and help me to make sure it is perfect before it is submitted. Having these meticulously checked over

by several pairs of eyes will help tremendously, not just with my committee evaluations, but also for

when I am ready to submit them to medical schools for review.

     Overall, the semester has not been terrible and classes are going well. The last couple of weeks

have been quite stressful due to all of these things coming due at one time, but other than that, I feel

as though I have gotten a lot accomplished this semester. And though I feel that I have far surpassed

my Collo hours for the semester, I will be giving another update very soon. I am stressed but

extremely excited to begin watching everything I have worked for over the last 3 years, come to

fruition. I will keep you all updated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment